Saturday, February 7, 2009

Anti-Social Behaviour - Increased Garda Patrols

Local residents have expressed their concern to me about problems with anti-social behviour in the area. Particular difficulties have been experienced on Cowper Street and Finn Street by residents and brought these to the attention of Local Gardai. People must feel safe in their homes and on the streets. To combat this problem, I have repeatedly called for the greater use of CCTV on streets with this being backed up with more Gardai on the beat tackling crime. As a result of representations made by Senator Paschal Donohoe and myself, we have been informed by Gardai that an additional Inspector has been appointed for O'Devaney Gardens and surrounding streets. I very much welcome this appointment and I hope it will help to deal effectively with anti-social behviour by keeping a highly visibly presence in this area.

No comments: